Access an expert team with a record of innovative solutions for complex challenges in the oil and gas industry
In 2012, Universal Builders Supply (UBS) Canada, ULC was launched in Fort McMurray as a company that replaced long-standing “temporary” scaffolding with permanent platforms, catwalks, stairways and ladder systems.
Our focus was, and still is, to reduce congestion within operating plants and to eliminate the ongoing resources and cost required to inspect and oversee an inventory of installed scaffolds. We put the control of the plant and equipment back in the hands of the plant owner.
While UBS has evolved to provide a much broader range of service offerings, we still have both feet firmly planted in our core value proposition to our client––to be a safe, responsible partner who provides superior customer service while delivering high quality solutions in a transparent, cost-effective manner.
At UBS, our extensive experience with innovative, often removable, systems includes designs and applications that have been approved for use on a wide variety of petrochemical facilities and projects. The result is lower cost for future applications, and expedited timelines for the design and installation of any project.
UBS offers a wide range of industrial construction services including:
- Structural steel and aluminum products and installation
- Professional engineering, drafting, and 3D design
- Inspection and assessment services
- Machinery guarding solutions
- High Traction safety solutions
- 3D concrete scanning
- QAQC services
UBS Canada is committed to the health and safety of all employees, contractors, clients and the public. We have developed a safety culture within all levels of our organization which is based on our belief that all accidents and incidents are preventable.
Turn-Key Project Solutions
As a CWB 47.1-certified company, UBS has the unique capability to offer integrated project services across the full life-cycle of any project from initial design and engineering, through manufacturing, to installation and turnover.
Some of the many products UBS
- Work platforms and walkways
- Stairways and ladder systems
- Pipe supports and anchors
- Lifting devices and monorails
- Permanent, engineered fall protection systems
- Overhead protection structures––doors, walkways, lights, piping, valves
- Repair, replacement, reinforcement of existing structures
When you choose UBS you always get:
- A safety-focused and experienced team
- Superior customer service
- Cost-saving solutions
- Innovative designs and solutions for unique problems
- Services and solutions across the entire project life-cycle: design, engineering, procurement, construction and turnover